We know the SEC has a choke hold on the top three spots, and thus the national championship race. But who is next in line?
The Power Poll says it's Oklahoma State which went from despair to hope in the space of 24 hours. The Cowboys are still in it despite losing Friday to Iowa State. They have to hope for losses by two SEC teams above them and then smack down Oklahoma in Bedlam.
1. LSU – Don’t load up on turkey, boys. There’s plenty of Hog to go around.
2. Alabama – Dear Lane: Thank you for the lovely gift. We received it late Saturday night. Signed, Nick.
3. Arkansas – This has to be the best week of football for the Piggies since 1969.
4. Oklahoma State – Nothing like a Friday night in Ames.
5. Stanford – Cardinal still have another Big Game left if teams above them lose.
6. Virginia Tech – What’s wrong with a fourth ACC title in five years?
7. Houston – Question: If the Cougars are the lone remaining undefeated team, do they play for it all. If that happens do dogs and cats start living together?
8. Boise State – It’s hard to believe that Kellen Moore will probably play in only one BCS bowl.
9. Oregon – On that final drive against USC, Chip Kelly was too fast even for himself.
10. Oklahoma – Can’t win the little ones.
11. Michigan State – Indy or bust. Spartans clinch a spot in first Big Ten title game.
12. Wisconsin – Please, someone, quick, trademark “MonteeBall”.
13. Kansas State – Cotton Bowl on Line 1.
14. South Carolina – Back-to-back nine-win seasons for the first time.
15. Georgia – Hot seat has turned into a comfortable recliner for Mark Richt. Dawgs clinch SEC East.
16. USC – At last check, were still singing “Fight On” in raucous Autzen Stadium lockerroom.
17. Clemson – This is called a let down game: Losing big to N.C. State after the division is clinched.
18. Baylor – We all need a hero in our lives. Robert Griffin III is it.
19. TCU – Soon to be in their third conference in a year, Froggies clinch at least a share of their third straight Mountain West. Or was it the Big East?
20. Penn State – Good on Tom Bradley. He wins the Interim Coach Bowl over Ohio State.
21. Michigan – Big House fans chated “Beat O-hi-o [State]”. It’s been almost 3,000 days since the Wolverines have.
22. Nebraska – The good version of Denard Robinson showed up in Ann Arbor. Huskers were just bad.
23. Notre Dame – Could still win 10 after matching last year’s victory total (eight).
24. Virginia – Mike London can have his pick of jobs.
25. Iowa State – In case you haven’t heard, Paul Rhoads is so proud to be your coach, Cyclones.