Maybe Georgia was just that bad. Oklahoma State is back to being Oklahoma State. Good luck, Cowboys, trying to outscore everyone the rest of the year. Meanwhile, Houston made a major statement for itself and Conference USA. Read on, notes hot off the press from Conference USA ...
• Houston’s 45-35 win over No. 5 Oklahoma State marks Conference USA's first win over a top 5 team since 2002 and the second-highest ranked team a C-USA school has defeated since the league’s inception in 1995 (Louisville defeated No. 4 Florida State on Sept. 2002).
• The win marks Houston’s first victory against a top 10 team since defeating No. 10 Wyoming, 34-10 on Nov. 12, 1988
• The win is Houston’s first over a top- 10 team on the road since defeating No. 3 Texas, 29-15 on Nov. 10, 1984
• Today’s victory is Houston’s third in a row over against a nationally-ranked opponent (defeated No. 23 East Carolina and No. 24 Tulsa last season).
• Junior QB Case Keenum, the nation’s leader in total offense in 2008, was 32-of-47 for 365 yards and three touchdowns.